Tarlok Singh Memorial Lecture Series
The Founder and first Chairman of Indian Association of Social Science Institutions (IASSI), Shri Tarlok Singh who passed away on 10 December 2005, the members of IASSI Executive Committee unanimously resolved that for keeping his memory alive, a special programme i.e. Tarlok Singh Memorial Lecture series was initiated to keep his memory alive.
- The First Tarlok Singh Memorial Lecture was organized in collaboration with Indian Institute of Public Administration, New Delhi and the Lectured was delivered by Dr.Montek Singh Ahluwalia, Deputy Chairman, Planning Commission, New Delhi on Role of Planning : A New Perspective on 9 May 2006.
- The second Lecture was organized in collaboration with Panjab University, Chandigarh and delivered by Professor G.S.Bhalla, Emeritus, CSRD, Jawaharlal Nehru University on Good Governance : Key to Human Rights Protection on 26th April 2007.
- The Third Tarlok Singh Memorial Lecture was organized in collaboration with Institute for Studies in Industrial Development (ISID), New Delhi. The lecture on India's Energy Futures - Problems and Prospects was delivered by Professor Y.K.Alagh, Chairman, IRMA at ISID on 18 August 2008. The presidential address was delivered by Professor Abid Hussain, Former Member, Planning Commission. The welcome speech was delivered by Professor S.R.Hashim, Chairman IASSI.
- The Fourth Tarlok Memorial Lecture was organized in collaboration with Madras School of Economics, Chennai. The lecture was delivered by Professor G.K.Chadha, Former Vice-Chancellor of JNU and currently Chief Executive Officer, South Asian University on the theme of "Envisioning India as a Knowledge Economy: Some Views on Missing Links".
- Fifth Tarlok Singh Memorial Lecture was organized in collaboration with Indian Institute of Technology, Mumbai. The lecture on Combating Poverty was delivered by Professor Yogesh Atal on 11th November 2011, Former Principal Director, UNESCO.
- Sixth Tarlok Singh Memorial Lecture was organized in collaboration with University of Hyderabad, Hyderbad. The Lecture was delivered by Professor V.S.Vyas, Member, Economic Advisory Council to the Prime Minister of India and Deputy Chairman,Rajasthan Planning Board,Jaipur on 14th October 2011. The theme of the paper was Challenge of Transforming Indian Agriculture.
- The Seventh Tarlok Singh Memorial Lecture was organized in collaboration with Centre for Research in Rural and Industrial Development, Chandigarh. The Lecture on Psychological Perspectives on Development was delivered by Professor Janak Pandey, Vice-Chancellor, Central University of Bihar, Patna on 8 February 2013.
- The Eighth Tarlok Singh Memorial Lecture was delivered by Professor T.S.Papola in collaboration with A.N.Sinha Institute of Social Studies, Patna on 7th March 2014 on Employment and Development.
- The Ninth Tarlok Singh Memorial Lecture was delivered by Professor Atul Sarma at Manipur University, Manipur on 27 February 2015 on Unique Institutions of Governance in the North East: Its relevance in the Present Context.
- The Tenth Tarlok Singh Memorial Lecture was delivered by Professor R.Radhakrishna on 10th December 2015 at Institute of Public Enterprise, Hyderabad.